Recipe by GinGin :-)
This is a recipe I developed one Saturday when wanted something hearty to munch on while watching football (Roll Tide!). These go well with a six pack of beer and friends.
Top Review by lazyme
Yum! I really enjoyed these potatoes. The Ranch adds a nice flavor and they turned out very creamy. I used a Mexican blend cheese because that's what I had on hand. Thanks GinGin for another great recipe. Made for PAC Spring 2009.
- 5 russet potatoes
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 ounce ranch dip mix
- 2 cups cheddar cheese or 2 cups monterey jack cheese, mix
- 5 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes, 400 degree oven 50 minutes- 1 hour.
- While they are baking make Ranch dip according to packet and put in fridge.
- Let potatoes cool to where you can handle them and cut in half.
- Scoop out middle of potatoes (I used a melon baller) and put in a bowl. Place hollow skins back on baking sheet to be filled.
- Take about 1/4 cup of the ranch dip ( more to taste but save some for dunking!) and mix into potatoes.
- Also add half of the bacon crumbles, a handful of cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Should resemble loaded mashed potatoes right now.
- Use Icecream scoop to load potato mixture back in to the skins.
- Top with remaining green onions, bacon and top with the cheese.
- Place back in the oven about 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with the remaining Ranch dip.