This is a recipe I developed one Saturday when wanted something hearty to munch on while watching football (Roll Tide!). These go well with a six pack of beer and friends.
- Bake potatoes, 400 degree oven 50 minutes- 1 hour.
- While they are baking make Ranch dip according to packet and put in fridge.
- Let potatoes cool to where you can handle them and cut in half.
- Scoop out middle of potatoes (I used a melon baller) and put in a bowl. Place hollow skins back on baking sheet to be filled.
- Take about 1/4 cup of the ranch dip ( more to taste but save some for dunking!) and mix into potatoes.
- Also add half of the bacon crumbles, a handful of cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Should resemble loaded mashed potatoes right now.
- Use Icecream scoop to load potato mixture back in to the skins.
- Top with remaining green onions, bacon and top with the cheese.
- Place back in the oven about 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with the remaining Ranch dip.