1/1 Photo of Game Day Margarita Pulled Pork (Crock Pot)
East Wind Goddess's Note:
mmmmm....easy to make and easy to take! I like to serve this with Hawaiian Dinner Rolls or tortilla bread cut into quarters for easy appetizer-sized servings. Just right for grazing between plays. You can substitute the mild tomatillo salsa for a kickier habenero lime salsa if you like the heat! Naturally, you'll want to serve with margaritas :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim any visible fat from the pork shoulder.
- 2Rub the seasoning into the meat and let rest for 20 minutes.
- 3Marinate the pork overnight in the apple cider.
- 4In the morning, put the pork shoulder in a crock pot and pour in the remaining ingredients. Use enough aple cider to cover the meat, if necessary, otherwise discard the cider.
- 5Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours.
- 6Remove the shoulder from the crock pot and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- 7Reserve some of the cooking liquid, but avoid the fat on top.
- 8Pull the pork apart using forks.
- 9Rehydrate with some of the liquid if needed and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Game Day Margarita Pulled Pork (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.2
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 80.5 mg
- Sodium 75.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 19.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Mrs Dash's extra spicy seasoning