Recipe by TasteTester
There are many recipes for meatball appetizers, perhaps because they are so easy prepare and keep well in a slow cooker. I found this version in our local newspaper -- the combination of currant jelly and barbecue sauce sounds yummy! If served as an appetizer, it will make 16 servings at 2 meatballs each; if serving as an entree, it will make 4-5 servings.
- 12 ounces grape jelly or 12 ounces currant jelly
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (bottled, or your favorite homemade)
- 16 ounces bag frozen meatballs, thawed overnight in refrigerator
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine jelly and barbecue sauce in a large saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until jelly melts.
- Add meatballs. Heat over medium-low heat 20 minutes, or until meatballs are hot and glazed, stirring occasionally. Serve in a slow cooker set on low, if desired.