Recipe by sholman77
This is from KOTV in Tulsa, OK. It sounds strange but it's soooo good. This also makes a really good filling for enchiladas or quesadillas.
Top Review by LainieBug
Loved the cheeseiness of this dip. Doesn't look pretty (LOL), but tastes great. I used spicy refried beans and spread the dip in a 11x7 inch casserole dish and served with Tostitos baked scoops. For the amount that we eat at a meal, this would actually make 6 to 8 servings for us. Made for Spring 2011 Pick A Chef.
- 1 (15 ounce) canhormel hot 'n spicy beef tamales, drained with paper wrappers removed
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) packagemexican style four cheese blend
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash tamales in a bowl with a potato masher.
- Stir in refried beans, green chilis and half of the cheese.
- Mix well.
- Spray a shallow baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Spread Dip in dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve with corn chips or tortilla chips.