Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
from Pillsbury cookbook.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 4 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (1 3/8 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 3⁄4 cups beef broth
- bottle beer (12 oz)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (15 ounce) cansspicy chili beans, undrained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In 5 qt Dutch oven or sauce pan, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add stew meat and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned. Stir in chili seasoning mix. Stir in tomatoes, broth, beer (can substitute more broth for beer), and tomato paste. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 2 hours, stirring once halfway through cooking.
- 2. About 15 minute before serving, stir in beans. Cook 10 - 15 minutes longer or until beans are hot. Top individual servings with sour cream and cheese.