Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A very easy recipe for a very tasty beef stew from your crockpot.
Make and share this Game Day Beef Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 (5 1/2 ounce) cans tomato juice
- 2 lbs stewing beef
- 2 (8 ounce) packagespre- sliced mushrooms
- 4 carrots, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Combine 2 tbsp flour, sugar, salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk the tomato juice until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine beef and next 5 ingredients in a crockpot and add tomato juice mixture over top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 1/2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons hot water and remaining 2 tablespoons flour until smooth. Add to crockpot and stir until blended. Cover and cook 30 more minutes.
This was great comfort food on a cool day. The tomato juice adds alot of flavor to the stew. Much more flavor than some stew recipes. I've never thought to add tomato juice but I liked the addition. The only other ingredient I'd like to add next time is some diced potatoes. Will be making this again. Thank you!