Recipe by Sherrybeth
This is a fairly involved recipe but the results are well worth the trouble. It is from a local Italian restaurant and one of their most requested recipes. Luckily, being a friend of one of the owners, I was able to garner the recipe and thought I would share it with you.
- 24 large jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms, sliced and washed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons roasted pine nuts
- 8 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 6 cups cooked pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
LEMON BUTTER SAUCE
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 lb lightly-salted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash spinach and remove stems and dry between paper towels. Set aside.
- Spread pine nuts over bottom of baking sheet and roast until golden brown (2 to 4 minutes). Remove from oven and cool.
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Wash and slice mushrooms.
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Prepare lemon sauce:.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute shallots and garlic until translucent.
- Add white wine and reduce slightly more than half.
- Add cream and reduce by half.
- Add lemon juice and reduce by half.
- Add white pepper.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add remaining butter 2 tbsp at a time.
- Whisk after each addition.
- Continue to simmer whisking to incorporate butter.
- Once lemon sauce is done, in large skillet over medium high heat, melt 4 tbsp butter. Add garlic and saute until garlic is translucent.
- Stir in mushrooms, shrimp, and pine nuts. Saute several minutes or until shrimp are done and show color.
- Remove skillet from heat and gently stir in spinach.
- Place warm pasta on plate with shrimp mixture to side.
- Pour lemon sauce over pasta.
- Serve warm.