Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe was found in the 2002 cookbook, Mediterranean Street Food.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, sliced in thirds lengthwise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 large shrimp, fresh
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- In a large skillet, combine oil, garlic & crushed red pepper.
- When oil is hot & starts to sizzle around the garlic, add the shrimp & fry for 1 minute on each side.
- Remove pan from the heat & squeeze lemon juice over shrimp & sprinkle with salt, to taste.
- Serve very hot!
Let's see....shrimp, check!...garlic....check!...red pepper flakes...check!.....divine....check!... minutes to prepare....check....5 star plus.....check! Wow, never knew food could be this good, this fast, and I want more!! Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* April 2010