Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe was found in the 2002 cookbook, Mediterranean Street Food.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Let's see....shrimp, check!...garlic....check!...red pepper flakes...check!.....divine....check!... minutes to prepare....check....5 star plus.....check! Wow, never knew food could be this good, this fast, and I want more!! Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* April 2010
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, sliced in thirds lengthwise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 large shrimp, fresh
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, combine oil, garlic & crushed red pepper.
- When oil is hot & starts to sizzle around the garlic, add the shrimp & fry for 1 minute on each side.
- Remove pan from the heat & squeeze lemon juice over shrimp & sprinkle with salt, to taste.
- Serve very hot!