Chef Villster's Note:
I adapted this recipe from one I found online for Garlic Shrimp tapas. I like it with pasta and used it to create an oil based pasta sauce. I love Parmesan and will add endless amounts to my pasta dishes, add to your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/8 cup Spanish olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (more or less depending on taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced (more or less depending on taste)
- 1 pinch salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (approximately 1.5 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded and fresh (to taste, I used almost a 1/4 cup)
- 3/4 lb medium shrimp, with the shells on (20-25/pound)
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 1Cook pasta and set aside.
- 2Combine parsley and garlic. Sprinkle salt and pepper on mix.
- 3Combine lemon juice, sherry and paprika and set aside.
- 4In medium sized saucepan or wok, heat olive oil on medium heat and add red pepper flakes to infuse oil. Approximately 1 minute. (reduce heat if it starts to burn).
- 5Add parsley and garlic mixture. Allow garlic to cook and not burn.
- 6Add lemon juice, sherry and paprika mixture. Allow to rollling boil.
- 7Add shrimp (with shells). Once cooked through when pink, remove from heat, add pasta. Mix. Add Parmesan and mix. Allow the Parmesan to melt.
- 8Serve with grated fresh Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gambas Al Ajillo Pasta (Garlic Shrimp Pasta)
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.1
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 135.1 mg
- Sodium 228.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 27.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt & pepper