Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I adapted this recipe from one I found online for Garlic Shrimp tapas. I like it with pasta and used it to create an oil based pasta sauce. I love Parmesan and will add endless amounts to my pasta dishes, add to your taste.
- 3⁄8 cup Spanish olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (more or less depending on taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced (more or less depending on taste)
- 1 pinch salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (approximately 1.5 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded and fresh (to taste, I used almost a 1/4 cup)
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp, with the shells on (20-25/pound)
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- Cook pasta and set aside.
- Combine parsley and garlic. Sprinkle salt and pepper on mix.
- Combine lemon juice, sherry and paprika and set aside.
- In medium sized saucepan or wok, heat olive oil on medium heat and add red pepper flakes to infuse oil. Approximately 1 minute. (reduce heat if it starts to burn).
- Add parsley and garlic mixture. Allow garlic to cook and not burn.
- Add lemon juice, sherry and paprika mixture. Allow to rollling boil.
- Add shrimp (with shells). Once cooked through when pink, remove from heat, add pasta. Mix. Add Parmesan and mix. Allow the Parmesan to melt.
- Serve with grated fresh Parmesan.