Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a very tasty, garlic loaded Tapa. I like to use 2 fresh Jalapenos to give them a good kick If you like it milder use only one fresh or 2 canned. It is fun to take the fry pan right to the table and let everyone fixe their own. Do not skimp on the olive oil and use only a top grade oil
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 canned jalapeno peppers, minced (or less) or 2 fresh finely chopped jalapenos
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (Hot Hungarian is best)
- 16 slices baguette
- Heat oil and add the jalapeno & garlic, saute 1 minute.
- Add shrimp & cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in Cilantro, paprika & salt, heat through.
- Take the skillet to the table, along with the bread and 4 spoons. Everyone fixes their own and they get to dunk the bread for any remaining scraps.
Wonderful flavour!! nice zing from the jalapeno. Sooo quick and easy, I used canned pickled jalapeno and served it in the pan with baguette slices on the side. I did cut back on the olive oil, used about half the amount called for, it worked fine but probably would have been juicier with more oil. Will definately make this again, thanks for sharing a keeper Bergy!!
Really simple to make- made this last night. Was a bit on the dry side- I think I would add more liquid. But oh so tasty! Thanks.
These are not "gambas al ajillo", nor are jalapeños an ingredient you use in spanish tapas. I dont doubt it tastes good but the name is confusing.