Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is probably one of the most famous Spanish tapas, available throughout Spain. Although my recipe is original, it is authentic as I have constantly revised it duplicating the flavors and consistency I have had in the best tapas bars. Although this can be made in any oven proof dish, I recommend a "cazuela" (terra cotta dish). Although difficult to find, it can be purchased online through "www.tienda.com".
- Place the shrimp in the oven proof ceramic dish, approximately 8 inches in diameter and at least 1 inch high.
- Add garlic and pepper slices and cover with oil.
- Sprinkle paprika and salt on top of oil.
- If the dish can be used on the stove burner, heat on top of stove over medium high heat for about 5 minutes until the oil is bubbly and the shrimp are cooked.
- If dish can not be used directly on the burner, place under the broiler in the oven and broil until the oil is bubbly and the shrimp are cooked (about 5 minutes after the oil starts to bubble) Do not overcook as the shrimp will become tough.
- Serve with crispy french bread.
- Great for soaking up the heated garlic oil.