Recipe by TooAllergic
I had the most amazing meal at "El Farol" in Santa Fe. These were the highlight. Thank you Chef James Campbell Caruso! The shimp are sweet and hothothot (The Margaritas were good too).
Top Review by pattikay in L.A.
Really good! All of the strong flavors blend beautifully into a nice spicy dish. I will definitely make this again - next time I'll make a bigger batch. I may try it with chicken some time as well. I served it over rice. Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄2 white onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons madeira wine
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne (less if you can't take heat)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin by sweating the onion in the oil.
- When onion is soft, add the shrimp and garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes (just until shrimp are cooked).
- Remove the shrimp and add the rest of the ingredients (except parsley). Cook/reduce for about 2 minutes (until smooth and glistening).
- Stir in shrimp and toss to coat.
- Garnish with parsley and lime wedges.