Recipe by NoraMarie
Sister-in-law gave me this recipe. I make it a lot as it is very easy. Makes enough for 4 people.
Top Review by Winnie B.
Can you tell me how much salt goes into the flour mixture? The recipe says to mix the salt with the flour but then states all four teaspoons go into the boiling water. Thank you!
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix eggs, flour, water, salt to form a smooth batter.
- Boil a pot of water with the 4 teaspoons of salt.
- Dip teaspoon in hot water; scoop a teaspoon of batter and put in water.
- It should just slide of the spoon.
- Keep dipping the spoon in the water and scoop more batter until the pot is full.
- You may have to do more then one pot of dumplings.
- Cook 1 or 2 minutes or until the dumplings rise to the surface.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Pour 1/2 of the melted butter over the dumplings so they won't stick.
- Serve dumplings separately or put in stew or soup.