Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sister-in-law gave me this recipe. I make it a lot as it is very easy. Makes enough for 4 people.
Make and share this Galuska for Stew (Dumplings) recipe from Food.com.
- Mix eggs, flour, water, salt to form a smooth batter.
- Boil a pot of water with the 4 teaspoons of salt.
- Dip teaspoon in hot water; scoop a teaspoon of batter and put in water.
- It should just slide of the spoon.
- Keep dipping the spoon in the water and scoop more batter until the pot is full.
- You may have to do more then one pot of dumplings.
- Cook 1 or 2 minutes or until the dumplings rise to the surface.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Pour 1/2 of the melted butter over the dumplings so they won't stick.
- Serve dumplings separately or put in stew or soup.
Galuska also tastes great as the noodles under some other great Hungarian dishes like Chicken Paprikas... Yum yum yum
I have used this dumpling in my Cream of Potato Dumpling Soup recipe for years! I always get rave reviews, and it helps to keep the soup richer and creamier. (If you want to try it, mix up your dumplings while your potatoes are cooking. Add more water to the pot when potatoes are done. Bring water back to a boil and drop the dumplings into the water. After all the dumplings are cooked and float, add enough cream to the water to cover the dumplings. Bring up to temp again and enjoy!)
Great!! Just like I remember my Mom making them. Thanks so much for sharing.