Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
I received this recipe from a friend who got it from a friend who.....etc.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) package macaroni
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Brown the beef, the garlic, and the onion in olive oil.
- Stir in tomato sauce, tomatoes, and seasonings.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- While meat is simmering, cook macaroni and drain.
- Layer the macaroni, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and meat sauce in a casserole dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
Rick, this was a good as it was fast to make...The kids ate it with out any complaints ( which is rare)
What a neat recipe! So easy to mix up, and bake, and the yield is "lots". Believe the mozz. and parmesan make this dish...wonderful flavor. Thanks so much for sharing, Rick. LC