Recipe by Mercy
Note that there is no actual rum in this recipe. It is from the show "Urban Peasant".
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 pinch cardamom
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- 2 teaspoons rose water
- 2 cups instant milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup ghee
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- For the syrup, combine all ingredients in a pot and bring it to the boil.
- Lower the heat and let simmer until thickened (about 10 minutes).
- For the dough, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Scoop balls of the dough onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, until golden.
- Arrange the galub jamuns in a shallow serving dish and pour the syrup over top.
- The warm dough will absorb most of the syrup.
- Let cool a bit and serve.