Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Rebecca Sauce is from the Galt House Hotel, located in Louisville, Kentucky. It's a really BIG hit during Derby Day.
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon dark rum or 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- 1 pint strawberry, with stems on
- Combine first four ingredients and stir until completely smooth.
- Cover and chill sauce before serving.
- Dip whole strawberries into sauce and enjoy.
I don't know about Derby Day, but this sauce was certainly a hit at our house! Creamy, sweet, tangy and most importantly...boozy!