Recipe by English_Rose
These bites are based on the Thai recipe called mar hor (meaning galloping horses).
Top Review by Chef Fiona26
These went down a storm. Lots of compliments. Great and very easy recipe to follow. Will definitely make these again. Good thing is you can make the mixture in advance and assemble everything at the last moment. Thank you.
- vegetable oil
- 8 shallots, finely sliced
- 29.58 ml crunchy peanut butter
- 14.79 ml light brown sugar
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 1 small pineapple, cut into cubes (or 4 rings from a can)
- 1 lime
- 1 red chili pepper, sliced finely
- 28.34 g cilantro leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the shallots until they brown.
- Reduce the heat and add the peanut butter, sugar and soy sauce and stir until the sugar has melted.
- The mixture should be sweet and salty so add a little salt if you need to. Cool.
- Arrange the pineapple cubes on a plate and put a heaped tsp of mixture on each.
- Top each with a squeeze of lime, a piece of chili and a cilantro leaf.