Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another imitation from my trip to Costa Rica. A very typical side dish- potatoes cooked and served on corn tortillas, called "gallitos" in Costa Rica. ("Papas" are potatoes).
- Peel potatoes and dice into small pieces.
- Sauté the finely chopped garlic in the oil and add some salt, about 1 teaspoon.
- Add the potatoes, sugar, and paprika.
- Cover the pan and cook on low heat, about 20 minutes, adding water as needed to prevent the potatoes from sticking.
- Remove and serve on the corn tortillas, which you can warm in the oven on a cookie sheet at 200°F.
- Garnish, to taste, with chopped coriander, salt, and pepper.
- Also, a little sour cream or salsa is often served as an accompaniment.