Recipe by mollypaul
Overnight soaking not included in preparation time. If in a hurry, canned chickpeas well-drained are just fine.
- 1⁄2 cup dried garbanzo beans
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 4 lbs frying chicken, disjointed
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes
- 3 red peppers, seeded (or to suit your own taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the chickpeas overnight.
- Heat oil, add onions and garlic; brown lightly and remove.
- Brown chicken pieces in the oil.
- Add the browned onions and garlic, chickpeas, tomatoes, salt and red peppers.
- Cover and simmer until the chicken is tender, about 1 1/2 hours.