Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
When it's too hot to light the oven, make this delicious lasagna on the stove top!
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 6 ounces curly-edged lasagna noodles
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, such as marinara sauce (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh basil
- Saute meat and onion in 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat, breaking sausage it into pieces, until fat renders, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain meat and return it to skillet.
- Stir in garlic, pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook over medium-high heat for about 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle broken noodles into skillet, then pour in tomato sauce and water.
- Cover and cook, stirring often and adjusting heat as needed to maintain vigorous simmer, until noodles are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of mozzarella and 1/4 cup of Parmesan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese into ricotta cheese.
- Dot heaping tablespoons of ricotta over noodles.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and let stand off heat until cheeses melt, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with basil before serving.
This is a tasty dish! It is simple and yummy! Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.
Galley Wench, you've got a winner here! I couldn't believe how much like lasagna it was but way way easier! A delicious weeknight meal, thank you for posting!