1/1 Photo of Galley Wench's Stuffed French Toast
Galley Wench's Note:
A little more work than regular french toast, but worth every minute! The recipe is written using strawberry jam, but feel free to use your favorite jam or preserve. Prep time does not inlcude chill time needed for the stuffed bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Night Before:.
- 2Beat cream cheese and jam together.
- 3Spread jam mixture on cut side of bread.
- 4Top with the other half.
- 5Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 6Next Morning:.
- 7Beat eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla in a shallow bowl.
- 8Remove bread from refrigerator and slice, 1/2 inch thick.
- 9Soak both sides of bread in egg mixture, 10-15 seconds per side.
- 10Preheat non-stick griddle or pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- 11Cook until golden brown.
- 12Sprinkle with cinnamon before turning.
- 13Top with fresh strawberry slices, and serve with strawberry jam or maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Galley Wench's Stuffed French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.9
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 268.0 mg
- Sodium 663.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 17.0 g