Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The is a hearty, restaurant-sized salad with lots of meats. The original recipe came from "Mickey's Gourmet Cookbook" and a version of This salad is on the menu at Disney's Yacht Club Resort. Posted by request. Please note that this is a restaurant-sized lunch entrée portion, hence the very high number of calories, fat etc. You certainly may use reduced fats meat & cheese to reduce the calories, or simply serve it to more people. This same amount could serve 2 people easily, and perhaps even 3.
- 236.59 ml iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 head red-leaf lettuce
- 2 leaf radicchio
- 2 leaf bibb lettuce
- 3 chives, chopped
- 3 slice cucumbers
- 2 green pepper rings or 2 pepperoncini peppers
- 1 canned artichoke heart, halved
- 3 green olives, stuffed
- 1 stalk hearts of palm, sliced in rounds (optional)
- 1 radish, sliced thinly
- 2 slice cheddar cheese
- 4 slice tomatoes
- 4 slice salami
- 4 slice ham
- 3 slice mortadella (or other Italian cold cut meat)
- 3 slice turkey
- prepared salad dressing, on the side, to taste
- Place iceberg lettuce on a dinner plate.
- Arrange the radicchio, Bibb, and red leaf lettuce leaves decoratively around the edges of the plate.
- Form meats and cheese into cones and arrange around the rim of the plate.
- Place remaining ingredients in the center of the plate in a pile.
- Serve with dressing of your choice.
- Feel free to use different cold cut meats and cheeses as you please.
- You may also wish to use chunks of meat& cheese rather than slices.
- Note: Look for pepperoncini peppers in the pickled foods aisle; hearts of palm come canned or jarred and can be found at Asian markets and some well-stocked groceries.
This makes a huge super-sized salad. Very good for super-sized appetites!
An antipasto turned into a salad. I chopped mine and served it with a soup for a satisfying and delicious lunch. Thank you.