1/2 Photos of Galley Salad
The is a hearty, restaurant-sized salad with lots of meats. The original recipe came from "Mickey's Gourmet Cookbook" and a version of This salad is on the menu at Disney's Yacht Club Resort. Posted by request. Please note that this is a restaurant-sized lunch entrée portion, hence the very high number of calories, fat etc. You certainly may use reduced fats meat & cheese to reduce the calories, or simply serve it to more people. This same amount could serve 2 people easily, and perhaps even 3.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 head red-leaf lettuce
- 2 leaves radicchio
- 2 leaves bibb lettuce
- 3 chives, chopped
- 3 slices cucumbers
- 2 green pepper rings or 2 pepperoncini peppers
- 1 canned artichoke heart, halved
- 3 green olives, stuffed
- 1 stalk hearts of palm, sliced in rounds (optional)
- 1 radish, sliced thinly
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 slices salami
- 4 slices ham
- 3 slices mortadella (or other Italian cold cut meat)
- 3 slices turkey
- prepared salad dressing, on the side, to taste
- 1Place iceberg lettuce on a dinner plate.
- 2Arrange the radicchio, Bibb, and red leaf lettuce leaves decoratively around the edges of the plate.
- 3Form meats and cheese into cones and arrange around the rim of the plate.
- 4Place remaining ingredients in the center of the plate in a pile.
- 5Serve with dressing of your choice.
- 6Feel free to use different cold cut meats and cheeses as you please.
- 7You may also wish to use chunks of meat& cheese rather than slices.
- 8Note: Look for pepperoncini peppers in the pickled foods aisle; hearts of palm come canned or jarred and can be found at Asian markets and some well-stocked groceries.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Galley Salad
Serving Size: 1 (769 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 778.0
- Calories from Fat 499
- Total Fat 55.5 g
- Saturated Fat 26.6 g
- Cholesterol 157.8 mg
- Sodium 2349.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.8 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 42.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: