1/4 Photos of Galletas Elena (Mexican Cookies)
This came from Elena Zelayeta's Elena's Secrets of Mexican Cooking. She claims, though, that she is not the Elena of the title, but that this is a popular cookie in Mexico. Kids like the nonpareils
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Beat the butter, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla extract together.
- 3Combine the flour, baking powder and salt, and sift them into the butter mixture. Stir to make a smooth dough.
- 4Shape the dough into small balls. Poke your thumb in the center of each ball to make a hole, and shape into rings.
- 5Dip each ring in nonpareils.
- 6Bake on lightly greased cookie sheets for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 7Cool before storing.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Galletas Elena (Mexican Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.4
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 27.0 mg
- Sodium 67.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: