Recipe by Mille®
Copycat recipe from Gallagher's Steak House, 228 West 52nd Street, New York City.
Top Review by mianbao
I am pleased with this very robust salad. It is tangy and mustardy, and if that is your thing (it is mine), you should try it. It was a bit too much so just after mixing everything together, but the flavors mellowed nicely with about 5 hours in the fridge. Whether it is like what is served in the restaurant in the title, I have no idea. I will, however, be making it again, and remembering the chef with fondness. BTW, I scaled the recipe for a smaller number of servings, but it seems to me that the portions according to the given serving size would be quite small. This may be natural when serving the salad as a side dish in a restaurant.
- 5 lbs steamed red potatoes, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 lb steamed slim string bean, cut into 1 inch sections
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 3⁄4 cup hard-boiled egg
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cooked bacon, ¼ inch diced
- 1⁄2 cup thin sliced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine in a very large bowl: potatoes, eggs, bacon, onions, string beans, tomatoes, and eggs and toss.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar and mustard together, then slowly whisk in oil, drizzling in slowly.
- Pour dressing over potato salad in the large bowl.
- Season with 2 teaspoons of salt and 1 teaspoon of ground pepper.