Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I wrote down the recipe as Galina made it. Tip: Don't peel the veges as they are too sweet in NZ.
Make and share this Galina's Borsch recipe from Food.com.
- Chop and soften onion in oil.
- Grate or cube beetroot.
- Grate carrot.
- Cube potatoes.
- Add to onion, stir around for a few minutes.
- Add water to barely cover
- Bring to boil and boil for 5 mins.
- Shred cabbage.
- Finely chop red pepper.
- Add cabbage, red pepper, vinegar, stock powder, sugar, pepper corns and simmer further 10 mins.
- Serve with yoghurt, parsley and/or dill to garnish and with sour dough bread.