1/1 Photo of Galician Soup ( Caldo Gallego )
3 hrs 15 mins
This recipe is simplified from my family’s original recipe from Galicia Spain, which was made with ham hocks and salted pork But everything you need to give it a great flavor are in these ingredients and still comes out it delicious. This recipe was for my family's Sunday dinners so it is a slow simmer type of meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut Veal and Ham Steaks into Chunks.
- 2Mince Onion and Garlic
- 3Peel and Cut Potatoes into Cubes.
- 4Skin and cut Choizo into 1/4 inch round slices.
- 5In a Large Soup pot
- 6Add the beans with their liquid.
- 7Then place all remaining ingredients.
- 8Mix well and let Cook over low flame for about 3 hours.
- 9Serve in Soup Bowls with Toated Italian Bread for dunking on the side.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Galician Soup ( Caldo Gallego )
Serving Size: 1 (755 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.7
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 659.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.2 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 15.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: