Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe is simplified from my family’s original recipe from Galicia Spain, which was made with ham hocks and salted pork But everything you need to give it a great flavor are in these ingredients and still comes out it delicious. This recipe was for my family's Sunday dinners so it is a slow simmer type of meal.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 6 cups water
- 1 small veal steak
- 1 small ham steak
- 1 small spanish chorizo
- 1 cup chopped collard greens
- 2 potatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon of spanish sweet paprika
- add salt & pepper
- Cut Veal and Ham Steaks into Chunks.
- Mince Onion and Garlic
- Peel and Cut Potatoes into Cubes.
- Skin and cut Choizo into 1/4 inch round slices.
- In a Large Soup pot
- Add the beans with their liquid.
- Then place all remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and let Cook over low flame for about 3 hours.
- Serve in Soup Bowls with Toated Italian Bread for dunking on the side.