- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon anise extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 drops yellow food coloring
- 3 1⁄2 cups vodka
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and water in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute and immediately reduce heat.
- Simmer for 1 hour or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Pour sugar syrup into a sterilized bottle.
- Add anise extract, vanilla and food colouring.
- Stir gently and add the vodka.
- Cover and let the mixture sit for 10 days to 2 weeks (the longer the better) before serving.