1/1 Photo of Galettes à La Mélasse (Molasses Cookies)
This is from a cookbook called "Le guide de la cuisine traditionnelle acadienne" . It is a french acadian cookbook with a lot of old turn of the century recipes . I tried this one on my kids today and they loved it(even if it doesn't contain any sugar except for the molasses)I also substituted 1/2 cup oil instead of shortening that the original recipe called for . The cookies aren't overly sweet but still good and healthier. The original recipe called for more cloves and less cinnamon .
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve baking soda in boiling water or tea and set aside to cool .In a large bowl ,mix molasses and oil together.Add beaten egg ,mix.
- 2Add water and baking soda .
- 3In a seperate bowl , mix together the rest of dry ingredients .
- 4Slowly add dry ingredients to wet. You will have a nice soft dough .
- 5Drop by tbs onto a greased cookie sheet .
- 6Cook at 350F for 10 to 15 minute.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Galettes à La Mélasse (Molasses Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.1
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 157.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 1.8 g