Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A wonderfully easy way to WOW your friends on a French delicacy from Northern France. A taste sensation you don't want to miss.
- Soften butter.
- Add sugar.
- Beat until whipped.
- Add eggs one by one.
- Add almond powder,salt,flour,and vanilla extract.
- Take the dough and make it into a circle and put teh batter in the center.
- Put a coin inside the batter without looking.
- Put the second piece of dough on the first piece of dough.
- Put a bit of water in a cup.
- Close the two pieces of dough by by putting your fingers in a cup and clamping the two pieces of dough together.
- Take the yolk of your eggs and spread them around the top until the top is covered.
- Make a design on the top with a knife.
- Place the Galette in the oven for about 30 to 45 minutes.
This is the best recipe ever! I love it! more people should try it the Caramelized way! My sister and I posted this recipe. We got it from our French private teacher. She is from France, so she knows what she is doing.
Like the Bretons make! To them, this cake is known as the Kouin Amann (kween ah mahn). Loved it in Brittany--thanks for the recipe!