Recipe by Caramelized
A wonderfully easy way to WOW your friends on a French delicacy from Northern France. A taste sensation you don't want to miss.
Top Review by Biscoti
This is the best recipe ever! I love it! more people should try it the Caramelized way! My sister and I posted this recipe. We got it from our French private teacher. She is from France, so she knows what she is doing.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1|2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds
- 5 drops vanilla extract
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften butter.
- Add sugar.
- Beat until whipped.
- Add eggs one by one.
- Add almond powder,salt,flour,and vanilla extract.
- Take the dough and make it into a circle and put teh batter in the center.
- Put a coin inside the batter without looking.
- Put the second piece of dough on the first piece of dough.
- Put a bit of water in a cup.
- Close the two pieces of dough by by putting your fingers in a cup and clamping the two pieces of dough together.
- Take the yolk of your eggs and spread them around the top until the top is covered.
- Make a design on the top with a knife.
- Place the Galette in the oven for about 30 to 45 minutes.