Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
I have made many different variations of buttercream frosting because it is my husband's favorite. I have to say, I like this best. I made 1 1/2 x recipe to frost a double layer 9" cake.
- 709.77 ml confectioners' sugar
- 236.59 ml butter, softened at room temperature
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract, use clear vanilla extract for a whiter frosting
- 14.79-29.58 ml whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk, mix together sugar and butter.
- Mix on low speed until well blended and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more, adding more cream if needed for spreading consistency.