Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here's a recipe for a delicious Arabic appetizer or main dish that I have learned to make.
- 1 lb beef stew meat or 1 lb lamb stew meat
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (to taste)
- 1 -2 fresh jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans canned stewed tomatoes
- Cut the stew meat into half-inch cubes (smaller than you would for stew.)
- Season it with cumin and paprika.
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil to medium high.
- Brown meat in olive oil, then add jalapeño(s) and tomatoes.
- Lower heat to simmer, and cook until meat is tender and sauce is nice and thick, but not dried out.
- Serve over rice, or as a dip with warmed pita bread.
Wow it's very good I did add more cumin since i love cumin in my food Over all A++++++++++++