Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is similar to a recipe my neighbor made for us.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 6 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup farina
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfingers
- 2 tablespoons sweet butter, softened
- 14 tablespoons sweet butter, melted
- 6 cups milk
- Mix all syrup ingredients together in a pot over medium heat.
- Boil gently until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Cool while making cake.
- Make cake next:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For butter you are going to be using 1/2 pound. 2 Tablespoons will be softened and the rest and the rest will be melted.
- Into mixing bowl, beat eggs, farina, milk and better together.
- Put into saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly until it thickens.
- Lay ladyfingers in a 8 x 11 pan. Brush with melted butter.
- Put filling, then remainder of ladyfingers. Lay ladyfingers all one way, bottom and top.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Pour cool syrup over.