Recipe by Axe
From 'The Electric Slow Cooker Cookbook' (Circa 1976) I've been using this recipe for nearly 20 years. Sweet yet savory at the same time.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Made for dinner on friday with potatoes and salad. Was very juicy and tasty!! Never made meatlof in a crock pot before but since I have 2 I can make this and a side at the same time. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced peeled apple
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except brown sugar and dry mustard. Mix well. Shape into loaf.
- Place in slow cooker / crock pot.
- Combine brown sugar and dry mustard and spread over top.
- Cover and cook on High for 1 hour.
- Turn to Low and cook another 8-9 hours.