Recipe by grandma2969
this pie won a sweepstakes in 1975..found it in a box of recipe clippings from a church garage sale
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed sugar frosted flakes, cereal
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart butter pecan ice cream, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- combine crushed cereal flakes, brown sugar, and melted butter.
- press firmly into bottom and sides of 9" pie can. Chill 1/2 hour.
- Meanwhile, soften ice cream, combine with remaining ingredients.
- mix well.
- spoon into well chilled crust.
- freeze several hours or overnight.
- just before serving, decorate pie with frill of whipped topping and candied cherries, pineapple tidbits, and or pecans -- .