Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A soft textured muffin with the sharpness of fresh ginger along with the sweet taste of apricot jam for the perfect breakfast muffin.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease a 12 cup muffin pan and set aside
- In a small bowl grate lemon zest and ream lemon juice into a separate bowl
- Chop ginger into fine pieces and add to the lemon zest
- In a large bowl combine milk and eggs together stirring until eggs are light and frothy
- Add wheat germ, lemon juice, zest, ginger, oil and apricot jam to the egg mixture and mix well with wire whisk until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients together and whisk into the wet mixture and mix well.
- Pour batter into muffin cups filling 2/3 full and place in pre heated oven for 20 minutes or until lightly browned on top of muffin
- Remove from oven and wait 5 minutes before taking out of muffin container and placing on a serving platter.