Recipe by Scotland
Gak is amazing. It's shiny like Silly Putty and makes great noise when the kids squeeze it. I got it from my kids' preschool teacher. I've never made it, so prep time is approximate. Utensils: Small and large mixing bowl, measuring cups and spoons and a tray.
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine glue, tap water and food coloring in a bowl.
- In a larger bowl, dissolve the Borax in the hot water.
- Slowly add the glue mixture. It will thicken quickly and be difficult to mix Mix well and drain off excess water.
- Let stand for a few minutes then pour into a tray.
- Let dry for 10 minutes Store in resealable plastic bags. It will keep for 2 to 3 weeks.