Recipe by Rabia
This Pakistani dish is very simple and delicious.
Top Review by the80srule
This is quite good, but the instructions need some clarification. I didn't know when to turn the heat on and off; I just had to do some guesswork until the carrots were soft. I used 1/2 tsp ground cardamom since that's equivalent to 5 pods, I put it in with the evaporated milk in the first boil. I used canola oil in place of ghee and left out the powdered milk (which didn't affect the taste but the texture.) It was a bit runny but tasted really good. Next time I'll add more carrots.
- 2 lbs carrots, grated
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 5 cardamom pods
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 5 tablespoons powdered milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook evaporated milk, cadamom pods, and carrots in a heavy deep saucepan and bring it to boil then reduce heat.
- Cook over medium heat until all the milk gets dried up.
- Stir the mixture occasionally to prevent any sticking.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and ghee and let the mixture dry.
- When it is close to dry and carrots are soft add powdered milk. Mix with a little water to make a paste.
- Note: This can be garnished with nuts or soaked raisins or fresh cream.