1/1 Photo of Gajar Ka Halwa (Carrot Halwa)
1 hr 30 mins
19th Feb 2002, a day I will cherish forever. A day that brought immense joy in my life. A day I was waiting for for so many months. I received from www.poetry.com, an anthology "Across the abyss" that contains 301 pages of delightful poetry written by amateur poets, mine was a part of it! I celebrated this day by serving this halwa to my parents and brother. They loved it, it's a rich sweet very popular in winter months and served at very special occasions! Try it, you will love it, GUARANTEED!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grate khoya and keep aside.
- 2Combine carrots and milk in a large heavy based pan.
- 3Bring to a boil.
- 4Lower the heat and cook the carrots, stirring constantly, until all the milk dries up.
- 5Pour ghee into the carrots.
- 6Add khoya.
- 7Saute for a few minutes.
- 8Add sugar.
- 9Continue to cook and stir the carrot mixture till it dries.
- 10Remove from heat when still moist.
- 11Stir in the saffron, cardamom powder and almonds, reserving a few for garnish along with silver foil.
- 12Reheat carrot halwa just before serving with a little milk.
- 13If not serving immediately, refrigerate carrot halwa and re-heat and serve when desired.
- 14Handy hint: If u dont have khoya, use 1 cup whole milk powder mixed with 1 tsp ghee and 1-2 tbsp water to get a dough like consistency.
- 15This makes 100gms of khoya.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gajar Ka Halwa (Carrot Halwa)
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.6
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 50.1 mg
- Sodium 96.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 55.9 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: