1/3 Photos of Gail's Sloppy Joes
Mrs. R's Note:
This recipe is an adaptation of Gail Snodgrass' sloppy joes - the first sloppy joes I ever liked! Very tangy, tasty and delicious!! The best sloppy joes your family will ever eat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup mustard
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced (optional)
- 1 red pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 green pepper, diced (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 2 cloves garlic powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon onion powder or 1/4 cup diced fresh onion
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (I prefer Louisana Hot Sauce)
- hamburger bun
- 1*mayneed more as desired.
- 2Brown then drain ground beef.
- 3Add all other ingredients (except buns).
- 4Stir, bring to boil, cover and simmer on low for about 10 minutes.
- 5Keep stirring.
- 6Serve on hanburger buns, fixed to your preference.
- 7Serve with potatoes, slaw and/or a salad for a delicious, quick meal everyone loves!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gail's Sloppy Joes
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.4
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 1008.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 23.7 g