This recipe is an adaptation of Gail Snodgrass' sloppy joes - the first sloppy joes I ever liked! Very tangy, tasty and delicious!! The best sloppy joes your family will ever eat!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup mustard
- 1⁄2 cup tomato, diced (optional)
- 1 red pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 green pepper, diced (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 2 cloves garlic powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon onion powder or 1⁄4 cup diced fresh onion
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (I prefer Louisana Hot Sauce)
- hamburger bun
- *mayneed more as desired.
- Brown then drain ground beef.
- Add all other ingredients (except buns).
- Stir, bring to boil, cover and simmer on low for about 10 minutes.
- Keep stirring.
- Serve on hanburger buns, fixed to your preference.
- Serve with potatoes, slaw and/or a salad for a delicious, quick meal everyone loves!