Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
My Mom makes this often, I also like to add cod to the recipe instead of chicken sometimes. Yields about 14 1 c. servings (lunch) or 7 2 c. servings (dinner).
- 8 ounces shrimp, raw
- 1 dozen clam, in shell
- 1 dozen mussels, in shell
- 1 chicken breast, no skin
- 16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- Combine all items in crockpot and cook on low until done.
- Crockpot cooking times vary widely, with mine it takes 6-7 hours.
- I put the chicken breast in whole, and cube it after it is cooked as I hate working with raw meat.
- If you cube your chicken prior to cooking it will cook faster.
I made his without the chicken and added a little extra shrimp. Served with big scoop of white rice in the bowl. Delicious and fat free!