Recipe by Annie H
This is a recipe my SIL showed me how to prepare. I've modified it a little for my tastes.
Top Review by Southern Lady
The taste was delicious and light. Only thing I did that wasn't mentioned, was I rubbed all herbs/spices under the skin as well. Served with mashed potatoes and Kentucky Wonder green beans for a lovely Sunday evening meal. Thanks Annie H!
- 1 whole chicken, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 white onion, peeled and halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a clove of garlic in half and rub chicken all over, inside and out with both halves.
- Rub chicken with butter, then rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Place the remaining 2 cloves of garlic and the onion in the cavity of the chicken.
- Bake, covered, at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Remove foil for the last 10 mins of baking to brown skin.