Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe my SIL showed me how to prepare. I've modified it a little for my tastes.
Make and share this Gail's Rosemary Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Cut a clove of garlic in half and rub chicken all over, inside and out with both halves.
- Rub chicken with butter, then rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Place the remaining 2 cloves of garlic and the onion in the cavity of the chicken.
- Bake, covered, at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Remove foil for the last 10 mins of baking to brown skin.
The taste was delicious and light. Only thing I did that wasn't mentioned, was I rubbed all herbs/spices under the skin as well. Served with mashed potatoes and Kentucky Wonder green beans for a lovely Sunday evening meal. Thanks Annie H!
Great recipe and picture perfect bird! I made this as directed and it worked great. The chicken was flavourful and the leftovers made a wonderful sandwich. Thanks for posting:)
This recipe works well with a beef or lamb roast of any kind. I put mine into an oven roasting bag with no fluids or oil, and cook it in the crockpot.