Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My girlfriend Gail loves peaches. Blueberries too, but that's a different story ;) These muffins are at their best if you can make them with fresh fruit. If not, they are still very good with canned. Don't leave off the topping!!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 peaches, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl or shaker container, combine the beaten egg with the sugar, butter and milk.
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Toss the peaches with brown sugar and cinnamon. Gently add to batter.
- Fill paper lined muffin tins 3/4's full.
- Sprinkle with topping mix.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
I had lots of fresh peaches, so I doubled this recipe. I added a little butter and flour to the topping mixture to make it more like "crumbs." They were moist and delicious. Great peach flavor! Thanx for sharing.
I added fresh raspberries to turn these into peach melba muffins. They were good but a bit bland and slightly tough. I liked them and so did my friend but my mother who usually loves muffins didn't like them at all.
i made these for my mom she loved them