Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Braised black mushroom serve a bed of Chinese broccoli.
Make and share this Gai Lan With Black Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb fresh gai lan
- 16 chinese whole dried black mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chicken fat
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 cup rock sugar, pieces
- Place the dried mushrooms into a medium size bowl and cover with warm water for 90 minutes. Remove the stems and return back into the bowl.
- In a medium skillet heat add chicken fat and when the chicken fat start to roll add in the mushroom and sauté for minute add broth, oyster sauce and sugar. Simmer over a low heat and reduce the broth mixture by half. Braising time is about six hours.
- In a wok add in the salt and water and bring to a rolling boil and add gai lan and return back to a rolling boil until al dente. Pour into colander to drain and place into a large serving platter.
- Pour the mushroom over the gai lan and serve.