Recipe by beckerd
This is a great, easy Thai chicken recipe that I found in secrets of success cookbook. Its important to mince or coarsely grind the chicken so they can absorb the flavor. Serve it with steamed rice or place it into crisp iceburg lettuce and eat like a taco.
Top Review by jessiethebestie
Not sure why other reviewers found this so lacking. I and my family absolute LOVED it! The only thing I didn't do was use jalepeno, as the kids don't like spicy food and I don't care for the taste of jalepenos. Also, had to add a little dried basil as I didn't have as much fresh basil as recipe called for. This is only my second Thai recipe to try, and it's a keeper. I loved the simplistic, unassuming nature of it...looks so un-special on the plate, but what a surprise!! Yum and thank you!
- 3 lbs white and dark ground chicken (coarsely ground or minced)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3 pinches ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 jalapenos, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil (thinly sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, stir together all the ingredients except the vegetable oil, jalepenos, and basil.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat.
- Add the oil.
- Add the chicken mixture and stir fry until chicken is cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the jalepenos and basil.
- Serve right away.