Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great, easy Thai chicken recipe that I found in secrets of success cookbook. Its important to mince or coarsely grind the chicken so they can absorb the flavor. Serve it with steamed rice or place it into crisp iceburg lettuce and eat like a taco.
- 3 lbs white and dark ground chicken (coarsely ground or minced)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3 pinches ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 jalapenos, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil (thinly sliced)
- In a large bowl, stir together all the ingredients except the vegetable oil, jalepenos, and basil.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat.
- Add the oil.
- Add the chicken mixture and stir fry until chicken is cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the jalepenos and basil.
- Serve right away.
Not sure why other reviewers found this so lacking. I and my family absolute LOVED it! The only thing I didn't do was use jalepeno, as the kids don't like spicy food and I don't care for the taste of jalepenos. Also, had to add a little dried basil as I didn't have as much fresh basil as recipe called for. This is only my second Thai recipe to try, and it's a keeper. I loved the simplistic, unassuming nature of it...looks so un-special on the plate, but what a surprise!! Yum and thank you!
I found this dish very uninspiring. I did what MarraMamba suggested and added some spices of my own, some jalapeno and adobo powder, but the texture bothered me. It seemed to need vegetables added in, such as green onion, bok choy, asparagus, carrot, celery, pre sauteed. Also I wasn't sure what the reason for the cornstarch was. I added soya sauce, fish sauce and lime, and green onions. I wouldn't make it again. I'd have preferred to brown the meat with onion, remove, make asian veges, and add it back in with fish sauce, lime juice, palm sugar, soya sauce.
great dish, apart from the lack of color, the flavors were fresh and the basil jalapeno hit the right note of spices and herbs. I did add some chopped fresh ginger. Done in 10 minutes flat after the prep. Easy and good.