1/3 Photos of Gaeng Keow Wan Gai - Thai Green Curry Chicken
This is a delicious, very authentic recipe for Thai green curry. I hope you enjoy it :) Cooking time is approximate. Your chicken may take less or more time to cook than mine, so just watch it and judge accordingly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place your chicken, 2 cups of coconut milk, fish sauce, and laos powder in a wok or large frying pan, and bring to a boil, allowing them to boil until the chicken is cooked and tender.
- 2Remove your chicken from the pan with a slotted spoon leaving everything else behind, and put it on a plate and set aside.
- 3Allow the milk to continue boiling until it is very thick and"oily".
- 4Then take your curry paste, and add it to the pan.
- 5Allow this to cook for 3 minutes or so, until everything is smooth and even.
- 6Next, take your chicken and return it to the pan, and pour in the rest of the coconut milk, and return entire mixture to a boil.
- 7Reduce your heat and allow it to cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- 8Finally, add your basil and citrus leaves, peas and serranos, increase your heat and allow it to boil for 5 minutes.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gaeng Keow Wan Gai - Thai Green Curry Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (813 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1142.4
- Calories from Fat 686
- Total Fat 76.2 g
- Saturated Fat 59.6 g
- Cholesterol 291.2 mg
- Sodium 1512.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 105.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green curry paste
fresh lime leaves