This is a delicious, very authentic recipe for Thai green curry. I hope you enjoy it :) Cooking time is approximate. Your chicken may take less or more time to cook than mine, so just watch it and judge accordingly.
- Place your chicken, 2 cups of coconut milk, fish sauce, and laos powder in a wok or large frying pan, and bring to a boil, allowing them to boil until the chicken is cooked and tender.
- Remove your chicken from the pan with a slotted spoon leaving everything else behind, and put it on a plate and set aside.
- Allow the milk to continue boiling until it is very thick and"oily".
- Then take your curry paste, and add it to the pan.
- Allow this to cook for 3 minutes or so, until everything is smooth and even.
- Next, take your chicken and return it to the pan, and pour in the rest of the coconut milk, and return entire mixture to a boil.
- Reduce your heat and allow it to cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Finally, add your basil and citrus leaves, peas and serranos, increase your heat and allow it to boil for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Not only was this meal extremely tasty, it also cured a cold I had for almost a month! In case you have trouble finding a few ingredients, here are a few substitution suggestions: Sub 4-5 tbspns ginger for the laos powder Sub 1/2 tspon anchovy paste mixed in 1/8 cup warm water for fish sauce. Sub store bought curry powder for curry paste (but finely chop up 6 serrano chiles and simmmer in hydrated sauce for 8-10 minutes)
Great Thai Green Curry, and again, your curry paste is great too. This curry was very fresh tasting, and nice and spicy. I used chicken thighs in this which I think add a nice flavor to the broth. It was a big hit with my family last night. I think it makes a big difference to make the paste yourself, so don't skip this step people! It doesn't take more than a few minutes, and you can do it a few days ahead if you need to. Thanks for another great recipe L4C!
I could not get this to taste good. It might have been the curry paste I used, which was Maeploy. The technique for making it seemed to work great, but mine just came out tasting pretty. I wouldn't attempt to make this again with the same curry paste.